Client Services & Health Records Officer – Billing, Admissions,Discharges and Claims
Halisi Family Hospital is a private hospital located in Kitengela, Kajiado County. The 25-bed facility offers both 24hr Outpatient and Inpatient Healthcare Services. Our mission is to provide high quality healthcare that is client-centred, compassionate, comprehensive, easily accessible and provides good value for money and time. By doing this, we will give our patients, their families and our community peace of mind. We are looking for qualified, self-disciplined and dedicated individuals to fill the vacancy. Individuals whose desire to work in an environment where doing the right and ethical thing at the right time, in the right way for the benefit of the patient, is a priority.
The role holder ensures client satisfaction by coordinating and facilitating a smooth admission and discharge process, handling medical billing and claims processing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- • Accurately register patient details into the hospital systems ensuring proper documentation and data quality.
- • Receive admission patients by confirming pre-admission information including hospital admission and discharge procedures, room selection, available facilities, visiting hours, hospital regulations/restrictions, and answering service inquiries.
- • Create, store and retrieve patient files (including electronic files) while maintaining confidentiality.
- • Establish payment arrangements with patients and/or health insurance companies by screening insurance information and obtaining pre-admission approvals.
- • Analyze bills and medical documentation of admitted and medically discharged patients for accuracy and completion.
- • Coordinate with all departments for proper billing and health records of patients.
- • Prepare interim/final invoices and engage patients, insurance companies and other third parties on a regular basis to ensure payments are made on time.
- • Follow up with patients and/or health insurance companies when payment lapses occur.
- • Receive payments by cash, mobile platforms, bank cards etc. as per hospital processes.
- • Discharge patients upon payment of the bill and ensure health records are properly filed.
- • Analyze all medical claims before submission (physical or electronic) to ensure they meet insurance or corporate contractual requirements for payment.
- • Prepare reports and respond to inquiries or concerns regarding billing activities.
- • Attend to client concerns and record comments, suggestions and enquiries raised in various platforms to improve customer service.
- • Prepare and timely submit dynamic progress reports, including reliable medical statistics, health information to the Supervisor.
- • Serve and protect the hospital’s image by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures.
- • Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- • Excellent customer service skills, empathetic to patients of all ages.
- • Effective communication skills – listening, oral and written.
- • Highly ethical, has integrity and observes confidentiality.
- • Attention to detail.
- • Confident, persistent and assertive.
- • Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- • Highly organized with good time management skills.
- • Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and sound judgement skills.
- • A team player with good people management skills.
- • Business awareness and a good knowledge of current industry trends.
- • Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology or Degree in Health Records and Information Management.
- • Diploma / Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Accounting or their equivalent CPA Part IV Certification from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- • Must be registered and licensed by the Association of Medical Records Officers (Kenya).
- • Knowledge of medical terminology, medical insurance billing and medical documentation evaluation.
- • At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a busy urban hospital setting.
- • Good working knowledge on MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Internet.
Submission of Application
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should email the below documents to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the email subject, no later than 5:00pm on or before 24th March, 2023.
- • One-page cover letter addressed to Human Resource detailing how your skills and experience meet the job specifications. Indicate your current and expected remuneration.
- • Detailed Curriculum Vitae including the names and contacts of three professional references.
- • Copies of testimonials, certificates and any other supporting documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.